3 months, 7 countries, and 2000 miles on a bicycle!

$ Pledged
per Mile
$3.12
Current
Mileage
2327.5
Total
Raised*
$8,010
Current
Location

Learn more about our journey and the purpose of this fundraiser.

*Includes direct donations
Falls
6
Broken Spokes
1
Flat Tires
2

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 8: Naples/Pompeii/Ercalano




A day of visiting ruins. Two sites: Pompeii and Ercolano (Herculaneum). An amazing find in modern history. Two cities were preserved by a violent eruption (Mt. Vesuvius). Ash, Pumice, and mud covered entire cities. It gives a brilliant look at how people lived 2000 years ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am living and traveling Europe vicariously through you guys..I check your blog like it's a matter of life and death. I hope you guys are having an amazing time, and keep those pictures of my cousin in her biking gear coming cos I think they're funny :) Miss you both! p.s. I CAN SNOWBOARD NOW!!!

Jackie said...

Hey you guys! Can we make pledges per the number of times Sarah falls off her bike, you may raise more money that way :)Just kidding Sarah, I have to give you some bantor even when you're far away!
I love the blog, I have it book marked.
Safe Travels!